This department involves small businesses directly or indirectly ran and managed by GYFF. These businesses include:
- Computer services: photocopying, typing.
- Sale of water from tank owned by GYFF.
- Giving of small loans to the members and some trusted members of the community who repay them with an interest of 12%.
- Sale of commodities of crafts such as shoes, belts, bracelets and scarf made by members.
Some of the achievements that have been met by the business department include:
- The group has managed to open a bank account with Equity bank that assist in providing banking services to the group.
- Community easy access of water at an affordable price
- Creation of employment to the youths in all of our projects hence decrease idol youths
Some of the challenges faced by the business department include the following:
- Lack of proper entrepreneurship skills required to run the group businesses.
- Lost of funds or delay in repayments of the funds given out as loan.
- Breakdown of computer and copiers leading to loss of funds through maintenance and repair cost.
- Frequent absence of water for sale.
- Lack of proper market to sell the commodities made through craft.
GYFF is looking forward to expand the business department by:
- Purchasing of more computers to open a cyber café.
- Seek for market the crafts in town or in major supermarkets in town.